Refresh your living with color!
Paint is one of the easiest ways to transform your home and is available in almost limitless colors. Whether you are painting your walls, kitchen or bathroom cabinets, or the exterior of your home, choosing the right color is the first step in any project. Color is a personal thing. Take into account your design style, your home's aesthetic and, of course, your own tastes.
6 Tips for Painting With Strong Colors (HGTV)
Be bold — add drama and personality to a room with intense paint colors.
1. Deep red walls do more than just add color — they create a mood that brings down the brightness of the surroundings, providing a feeling of being encompassed by the room. They also set neutral furniture off.
2. The trick with working with sunshiny-bright yellow is selecting upholstery and accessories to match the walls. Find a painting or a floral or patterned chintz that combines different bright colors, and use that as a guideline.
3. Not all strong colors are stimulating. Forest-green walls can blend beautifully with mahogany furniture, and the contrasting colors are comfortable because they're found in nature.
4. Dark colors recede. When a room is painted a dark to medium color, the color will actually make the room look larger rather than bringing the walls in, which is a common concern.
5. You don't need to commit to painting the walls intense shades to have a room all about color. Painting the various colors found in furniture behind a wall of bookshelves can create a theatrical backdrop for favorite pieces, for example.
6. When in doubt about a color, don't limit yourself to small color chips. Paint big sheets of cardboard and prop them up in the room in question. This gives you a better idea of what it's going to look like.
Using a professional painting contractor such as Expert Team Painting & Construction (painting contractor servicing Kingwood, Atascocita, Humble, Huffman and surrounding areas) takes the stress out of painting the exterior or interior of your home. See our interior painting photos!
Painting can be hazardous work, whether it's working on a ladder or dealing with solvents and dust. Hiring a professional contractor means you don't have to worry about these problems.
Preparation & painting
Getting the surface properly prepared makes all the difference. Expert Team Painting & Construction knows the value of preparation and will do it right.
Knowing paints and how to apply them
The choices today are more complicated than just oil or latex, and as your professional painting contractor, we know what works, how to use it, and have the right tools for the job.
Cleanup and disposal
Hiring a professional contractor means you don't have to worry about dealing with paint residues and other leftovers. Professionals will know how to handle hazardous wastes that may be part of the job.
Always verify the contractor is licensed and insured
Expert Team Painting & Construction will be happy to provide you with copies of certificates of insurance.